Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO)
The Philippine Overseas Labor Office undertakes activities facilitating workers’ employment and promoting the welfare of Filipino workers in New Zealand, Cook Islands, Fiji, Samoa and Tonga. This is in line with the mandate of the Labor Code for the Foreign Service to:
- Provide all Filipino workers within their jurisdiction assistance on all matters arising out of employment; insure that Filipino workers are not exploited or discriminated against;
- Verify and certify as requisite to authentication that the terms and conditions of employment in contracts involving Filipino workers are in accordance with the Labor Code and rules and regulations of the Overseas Employment Development Board and National Seamen Board;
- Make continuing studies or researches and recommendations on the various aspects of the employment market within their jurisdiction;
- Gather and analyze information on the employment situation and its probable trends, and to make such information available.
Please be advised the issuance of OEC is done at the POEA in the Philippines per POEA Memorandum Circular 02 series of 2019.
Below are the steps in securing an OEC:
POLO Wellington verifies the employment contract of the Filipino worker
All returning workers are advised to set on online appointment thru the BM Online Processing System at www.bmonline.ph at their preferred date and time in any of the POEA Office.
Worker submits personally to POLO (if within Wellington) or send thru NZPost courier with tracking number sticker (if outside Wellington) the following requirements to POLO New Zealand:
a. Printed hardcopies of Original Employment Contract (signed by both employer and employee)
b. Printed copy of Signed Addendum as hereto attached to comply with the minimum requirements of the POEA in employing Filipino Workers abroad which will form part of your existing employment contract
An insurance policy may be submitted as a replacement of the addendum provided there is provision for repatriation and medical evacuation to the Philippines in case of worker's death or severe illness.
c. Printed copy of Valid Working Visa
d. Printed copy of worker's passport valid at least 6 months before date of departure
e. Any proof of current employment such as Certificate of Employment, Company ID or recent pay slip
f.Sworn Statement of the worker providing explanation on how he/she was hired by the current employer (to be included for those workers who are not registered with POEA or who changed employer on-site)
**sworn statement - a typewritten or handwritten declaration duly signed by the worker
g.Paid self-addressed return envelope or airway bill from international courier with tracking number sticker
- The verification fee is NZD$16.00 payable thru Cash.
Please send the foregoing requirements through mail/courier to:
286 THORNDON QUAY
Mr. Angel L. Borja, Labor Attache
Address: Level 1, 286 Thorndon Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011